Mr. VanderKloot joined Nelson Davis Law, LLP, in January of 2011. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. VanderKloot was Senior Director of Business & Legal Affairs at Media Rights Capital (MRC), where he oversaw all business and legal affairs for MRC's television operations and productions. In that role, he had lead responsibility for the negotiation of all talent deals, domestic license and distribution agreements with all major broadcast and cable networks and distribution entities, international sales and distribution, agency packages, brand/product integrations, rights acquisitions and guild/union issues.
Prior to MRC, Mr. VanderKloot was Senior Counsel, Legal Affairs at NBC Universal Television. At NBC Universal, Mr. VanderKloot handled the legal negotiations on behalf of NBC, USA, Syfy, Bravo, NBC.com, as well NBC Studios across all genres of programming including drama, comedy, alternative, late-night and specials. At NBC Universal, Mr. VanderKloot was also involved in the negotiation and drafting of numerous precedent-setting digital rights agreements between NBC and the major studios.
Mr. VanderKloot started his career as an entertainment litigator at O'Melveny & Myers. Mr. VanderKloot received his law degree from the University of California, Berkeley (Boalt Hall), and a Bachelor of Arts degree in both Psychology and Communication (Annenberg) from the University of Southern California. He is currently a voting member of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, and also serves on the syllabus committee of the USC Institute on Entertainment Law and Business.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Entertainment Law
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, California
- University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Psychology and Communication (Annenberg)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Voting Member
- USC Institute on Entertainment Law and Business, Syllabus Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Business & Legal Affairs, Media Rights Capital (MRC), Senior Director
- Legal Affairs, NBC Universal Television, Senior Counsel
- O'Melveny & Myers, Entertainment Litigator